25 June 2010

Day Twenty-One: Philadelphia, PA > Rochester, NY

Fifty years ago, today, Papa and Nana tied the knot and invested in the nonpareil model of family I know now: The Scaglione's. I will always admire their relationship and what they have created together. The way they make each other laugh each day proves the importance of staying young and maintaining a healthy sense of humour. Their love for each other, and for life itself, is a constant reminder that it is possible to achieve ultimate happiness; I will always strive to achieve similar success of the heart and spirit and hope to someday be as happy as they still are today!

Today, we celebrate Papa and Nana's fiftieth anniversary in Pittsford at Aunt Claire's house. It's a beautiful day for the most special of occasions... I feel so fortunate to be here for the party and to be part of such a great family. Congratulations to my grandparents, the greatest inspiration to me...

Aunt Claire and Uncle John (and Shae, of course) went all out and prepared quite the dinner and celebration... including cedar-plank salmon, homemade lobster ravioli, and port tenderloin... thanks to the whole family for all of your work in making it happen! Here's my beautiful Nana, Papa (not cooperating for the camera, as usual), and Dad...

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

That's a great picture of Nana and Papa. Love it.