13 June 2010

Day Nine: Cleveland, OH > Pennsylvania > Buffalo, NY

I got out of the show around 12:am and immediately hit the road... the rain was pounding but I had energy and decided to shuffle off to Buffalo. Around 3:23am I hit my Alma Mater, Fredonia, and had to cruise the streets for old times sake. There's not a lot of action in this town in the summer, but it was still cool to see the old stomping grounds.

I arrived in Buffalo around 5:am, got a brief morning nap in, and had the day to spend with my family. Aunt Mar and Uncle Mike are always wonderful hosts and took care of me on my last-minute drop-in visit. Papa and Nana came over to the house for an amazing family dinner (I've never had a Scaglione family meal that was anything short of amazing)... and we enjoyed each other and the muggy summer day in B-Lo. Robby and Uncle Mike even helped me clean my bus (and Luna) as we prepare for a trip over the border... I need to make sure everything is looking good for my one shot at getting into Canada.

In my one short day in Buffalo, I had a home-cooked meal, hung with Cassie and Robby, stopped at Wegmans for road-trip treats, and of course, made my way to Mighty Taco for a late snack. Next stop: well, I'm not sure...

No comments: