07 June 2010

Day Three: Mankato, MN > Minneapolis, MN

I woke up this morning to my little buddy Haakon wanting to play ball with me... normal and natural... but today I'm in Mankato, Minnesota! I get to spend the morning with the Gruenhagens and the Mussers in Mankato... checking out their hometown and having breakfast at Applewood, J's family restaurant. Totally cool.

After dropping J & H off at the airport, I moved on to the twin cities to hang with my great friends Mark and Sarah. I've been wanting to get to Minneapolis to see them for so long and I'm psyched to finally arrive! I stopped by the Harley shop to see Mark at work and we went to the park for lunch... then, a night full of hanging out at their new house: grilling out, drinking beers on the roof, playing wiffle ball in the rain, jamming on Mark's new Black Keys organ in the workshop... and then Dan showed up just after two:am to keep the party rolling! Man, it's gonna be a fun couple of days in the twin cities with my homeboys Mark and Dan...

No comments: