14 June 2010

Day Ten: Buffalo, NY > Massena, NY

After a six-year hiatus... today, I decided to make a trek to the north country and visit Massena, NY. Despite having graduated a Red Raider from MCHS, I haven't spent more than a handful of days in Massena since I left in 1998... most recently, for my sister Kristen's graduation party in June 2004. I miss Massena and am excited to check it out again...

A lot of things are different... I don't have any family ties here anymore. the school has a new look and a turf football field (but the baseball field is totally rundown), Homesteads isn't here anymore, Rosie's Bargain Center is gone, Tony's Pizza isn't around, West Orvis Rink is an apartment complex, and Wardy has a four-year old monster!

But some things will never change... I've still got some of my old high school pals around (it was great to see Sergi, Wardy, Heather and Megan), Wilson Hill is still beautiful, sunsets over the St. Lawrence will never get old, 134 Allen looks the same (outside and in, the family that lives there now invited me in to scope out my old house), I still like climbing up in trees (shown below: Whalen Park and my old Allen Street treehouse), Via Main is the greasy spoon spot for breakfast, and Mr. Diagostino runs the PE department / high school football team (only now it's Anthony).