20 June 2010

Day Sixteen: Saratoga Springs, NY

Happy Father's Day! Dad, I'll see you tomorrow to celebrate...

Today, I woke up and drove to Glens Falls, NY to participate in a group art exhibition at a local gallery called 42 Degrees. Jon King, co-owner of the art space, asked me to be in the show and I was honoured to be part of a great exhibition with some incredibly talented artists and chill out with a full morning brunch bar of food and bloody marys. It was cool meeting my new friends Bruce Horan and Susie and catching up with them, their perspectives on art / art school in NYC, printmaking, and life. Bruce just got his MFA from Pratt and his work is beautiful.

The afternoon saw me back in the lots selling prints for day two of SPAC. Thanks to everyone I met in the lots for your generous responses and kind support. The Antelope Stakes print will be available for purchase once I return home to Denver while they last. I sold most of them in the lots and at the art show in Glens Falls, but please just drop me a line if you are still interested in picking one up.

More friends showed up tonight, plus more sun, plus more great live music... perhaps the best of the summer! In honour of Father's Day, Phish opened with Brother and invited all of their children out on stage to sit in a big tub... each of the dads in the band had kids join them up there (only one boy, Jack Fishman)... pretty cool. Plus, we got a Talking Heads tune (Cities), Swept Away > Steep > Makisupa, a big YEM, and they graciously validated my print by playing a ripping Antelope to close the first set.

After the show, we went to Esperanto in Saratoga, a late-night hotspot serving up doughboys... so good! And, back to the campsite at Lee's Campground for an after-party. This is what it looks like when you suddenly wake Chops from his chair by the fire...

No comments: