08 June 2010

Day Four: Minneapolis, MN

After a long night of... well, after a long night, I woke up early-ish to explore the town. I wanted to check out northeast Minneapolis, so we hopped in the bus and found our way into the hood, hoping to stumble into the arts district. My inspiration to explore northeast was an article in the current Juxtapoz about a local print shop called Burlesque of North America. I really dig the design work and screenprints that place pumps out so I set out looking for the shop... Turns out it's in the lower floor of this big warehouse and I ran into Mike Davis (owner / designer) when we dropped in. Mike was a great dude and was happy to have me scope out the studio while he cranked away at one of the biggest jobs they'll take on this summer... the gig poster for Bonnaroo 2010. I picked his brain a bit about the twin city art scene and screenprinting and then we hit the road. Totally worth tracking them down...

Then, Mark's twin brother Matty came to town to join Danny, Mark, and I for the game. I was stoked to hit a Twins game (finally) in the inaugural season for Target Field. We rocked row two and didn't miss a pitch (didn't have to, brother man brought us Primos right to our seat all night long)... Twins beat up KC 7-3. Later on, we got the band back together... rocking in Mark's garage workshop until the sun came up... eventually the birds started chirping in...

No comments: