16 June 2010

Day Twelve: Montreal, QC > Connecticut > Bellows Falls, VT









Day two in Montreal brings thunderstorms and wet streets, but we couldn't be rained out! Colleen and Aidan and I went out exploring centre ville and dodged the rain as we bounced from spot to spot. After they headed home, I ended up stumbling upon (though, not totally accidental) the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts... and they had a big exhibition on Miles Davis. We Want Miles: Miles Davis vs. Jazz was a wild multimedia retrospective tribute.

As I walked through the rooms filled of Miles art, music, instruments, memorabilia, and feelings, I traveled the journey of his career - one album at a time. A funny moment: When I walked into the room that showcased the Kind of Blue era, I was wooed by the sweetest sounds of 1959, so much that I sat down to take it all in... well, about forty minutes later I nodded back into consciousness when I dropped my journal and my hat... I woke up to a couple standing next to me dying laughing at my display of napping in the art museum.

Late in the evening, I decided to hit the road and head back to the states. I ended up in Burlington around midnight and chilled out in town for a couple hours... Church Street was pretty happening for a Wednesday night in the summer. I ended my Burlington stint with a capuccino to go from the Radio Bean and hit the road...

I had a beautiful early morning cruise through the mountains and along the Connecticut River... it rained the whole way until the sun started breaking through for the day. I rolled into a town called Bellows Falls for the sunrise over the water... still not tired, I decided to sit by the water with Luna for an hour or so and watch her go for a morning swim...

No comments: