15 June 2010

Day Eleven: Montreal, QC, CANADA

I haven't been to Montreal in a while, and I think it's one of the raddest cities in the continent... I really do! Not to mention, I've been trying to see my awesome friend Colleen for years and haven't been able to connect. And, now she lives in Quebec's finest city; naturally, I had to fit a visit into the 'plan.'

After my typical interrogation at the border, they let me in to Canada (vizsla, VW bus, and all) and I headed up to Colleen's place in Pointe-Claire. Colleen and her new husband Neil just made a baby... a beautiful little boy named Aidan! He is so small and so good looking and dude has triple-citizenship: US, Canada, and England... pretty righteous! We spent some time hanging with the dogs (Luna and Juno) in the backyard, grilling and catching up... Then, they took me on a sweet lakeside walk from their house... so freaking cool!

After the family went to bed, as most humans do, I set out for the city. I parked on Rue Sainte-Catherine and went for a ride on my longboard around Rue Sainte-Denis for a while. I was amazed to see so many people out on the patios and cruising the streets by bike at 1:am on Tuesday evening... quite impressive. There was a bunch of live music happening in the district I was in and the streets were littered with youthful energy. I tooled around for a while in the city and headed back to Pointe-Claire for the night.

No comments: