22 June 2010

Day Eighteen: New York, NY

Today I got to hang with my pops for a while in Westchester and Campanella and I took the train into the city for some fun... We met Camping in midtown for a quick beer and some NYC pie and then hopped on the Seven Train to one of my favourite places in New York... Flushing Meadows. Flushing, Queens is, of course, the home of the New York Mets and the new ballpark Citi Field. So, myself, Camp, and Camp got a chance to catch the red hot Mets host the visiting Detroit Tigers in an interleague matchup in New York. And, being that the Mets are rolling right now, they kindly put up fourteen, to beat the Tigers 14-6!

Citi Field is beautiful; it isn't Shea, but it is still The Mets... I came here once last summer, during their inaugural season, and I like it even more now. The throwback tribute to the Brooklyn Dodgers and Jackie Robinson Rotunda is gorgeous and puts us on the map among the hottest new stadiums. During the rain delay, we got a chance to scope out other parts of the stadium, including the Mets Hall of Fame (check out the ball that got thru Buckner's legs, classic!) and clubhouse shoppe so Camping could try on some ridiculous Mets gear like this leather jacket... dude's a character...












We tooled around late-night in Manhattan before heading back out to my dad's place in White Plains. It's always a fun time hanging with the Camps and it's always fun hanging in New York! I love that I still have family roots around the city and can make it back here every year.

No comments: