11 June 2010

Day Seven: Madison, WI > Chicago, IL

After spending the morning in Madison... brunch at Marigolds, road grub from Trader Joe's, and a walk-about with Dan / Keren... we packed the bus and headed for Chicago. We're pushing it on time this afternoon, especially with all the commotion in the Windy City today... city celebration parade for the Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup, interleague baseball play with the White Sox visiting the Cubs at Wrigley, and Phish playing Toyota Park... plus, well, it's freaking Chicago and has almost 3 million people roaming around. It was sweet that Dan decided to roll with me from Madison and was the first guest on the roadtrip to travel in Vina with Lu and I. And, despite the bus overheating and the Friday afternoon rush-hour, we made it to Toyota Park just in time...

This may have been my eighty-first Phish show, but it was Luna's first Phish show! I was stoked to be able to bring Luna in for the first time as a registered service dog. She had a great show and was well received by everyone who met her. She laid down by my side for much of the show, but when they got into the Ghost jam she got up and started wagging her tail... I love that she loves Ghost.

Phish sounded great. I was truly impressed for a tour kick-off; I didn't expect them to be so tight and polished, but I can tell they must've been doing something to stay sharp this off-season. For proof, just listen to the Antelope.

1 comment:

Jendrick said...

Awesome that Luna got to join you! What a treat!