19 June 2010

Day Fifteen: Hartford, CT > Massachusetts > Saratoga Springs, NY

I love being back in the Adirondacks, seeing old friends, and returning to good 'ole SPAC for a two-night stand with Phish. I left Hartford early in the morning to allow myself a little hang time in Saratoga Springs before the show. Luna and I explored the town and spent some time in Congress Park, roaming the fountains and playing ball. Now, we're at Uncommon Grounds to check in with cyberworld and pick up an espresso buzz as showtime approaches...

I got to the lots early and unveiled my new prints. I've been so incredibly busy this spring, but I was able to work up one print for one set of Phish shows... this be it! Saratoga Springs is home to the oldest organized sporting venue in the United States (Saratoga Race Course), and so I decided to play with the concept of the Travers Stakes... transposing the horse race into an antelope race coming out of SPAC... naturally. More details about the print can be be found here.

I roamed the lots in the hot hot heat (humid and obviously sunny), slinging art, and meeting up with friends... by the end of the day, I met up with Bryan, Sarah, Jared, Chuck, Hasch, Karlee, Chops, Roy, Brandon, Amy... pretty freaking cool! Turns out that every time I make it back to Saratoga, plenty of the old crew makes it out too... it's just a great place and is a close-enough venue for a lot of the east-coasters to make... works out great for me!

No comments: