22 June 2008

Day Twenty-two: Denver, CO

Home sweet home! The summer tour is over and we're back in Denver safely. After sharing my sleeping bag with Luna for three weeks, and sharing my home-on-the-road (Vina, the 1990 VW Bus) with my sister and friend Nick for about two weeks each, I am happy to be home. I had a great time with the team and everyone I met up with on my travels. I realize that being a teacher is a pretty alright gig; after all, it allows me two months off in the middle of the year to see the world and I am grateful for it.

And, after all the amazing places I visited and discovered, I still find the best fit for me right here in Denver, Colorado. There's just something about this city that is cooler than all the rest (for me, anyway)... I don't know if it's the weather, the people, the size, the mountains, the cleanness, the attitude, the music scene, the art community... but perhaps the combination of it all is what makes it feel like home.

Oh, and the Mets won today 3-1. Always a nice homecoming treat...

5 comments:

woo woot said...

i didn't know the mets were from Denver?!

Suzie Q said...

I love you buddy. I am so happy you did this. I am proud of you and jealous of your days...I read about every single one. You are adorable and so is Luna! Way to have fortitude and overcome. You are an awesome human. Now come visit me!
Love, Your Suzie Greenberg

Unknown said...

Denver sux.
:)
Sounds like you had a blast. Nicole and I are doing California 7/19 - I can't wait. Email me some must see locations, I've never been there.

Way to keep up on the blog. Looking good.

Michael J. Cecchini said...

Glad you are home safe and sound! I wish you were coming east and going to Shea with your dad, Rob and I this weekend.....next time maybe!
Awesome writing and pics. Talk with you soon.

Michael J. Cecchini said...

Glad you made it home safe & sound! Awesome story telling and pics. I wish you were heading east to see the Mets with you dad, Robby and I this weekend, oh well nextg time!

Talk with you soon.....