14 June 2008

Day Fourteen: Seattle, WA

We rolled into Seattle last night just in time for the Mariners vs. Nationals game at Safeco Field. Safeco is the illest stadium in MLB! The park is so rad with it's modern structure and far-out design. This is the fourth stadium I've visited this month, and the fifteenth MLB park of my lifetime... and it is the (2nd) coolest of all... truly. Nothing is quite as 'special' as Shea Stadium.

Today we led ourselves on a full-day tour of the city, hitting it all: from Experience Music Project (EMP Museum) to Pike Place Market to Capital Hill to the highly-recommended Shiro (highest-ranked sushi in Seattle) in Belltown.

Later on after we parked in Ballard for the night, I put Nick and Sherrie to bed and headed out on my longboard in search of some live music. I found this dude Brian Kenny (from Fresno) at the Chai House. He was a wild blend of Frank Zappa meets Victor Wooten meets Frank Black meets Rob Zombie... totally cool. And, I think Stanley Jordan was in attendance... pretty cool too.

2 comments:

LHS AP 2-D said...

Hey Frankie-
I'm stalking your blog spot now so at least you know one person is interested in what you have going on! Glad you liked the jam and I'm super happy that we got to visit. I hope the rest of your trip is full of adventures.
Shannon
PS Say hello to Luna for me!

Kevin "KC" Heise said...

Nice trip man, love the updates. Whats going on with your mets though? Firing Willie on the West Coast trip? When they gonna turn it around?
Kevin