10 June 2008

Day Ten: Portland, OR

I love Portland; I'm glad I have more time to spend here this time around. The greens are alive and so are the people. The edge is fresh and the art is refreshing. But, the weather is dumb. Regardless, it feels good to be back here; I love opening my eyes in a place like this.

Today we did a gallery walk through some local PDX hotspots with Nick's sister Mandee. She's a local artist and works at a museum downtown, so it helped to have her guide us to the hip spaces and away from the wastes of time.

The evening... well... dinner at the Hedge House, cocktails and live acoustic music at the Langano Lounge @ Jarras (where we met up with our old pal Bret), pool and jazz at Blue Monk, then the Aalto Lounge, then The Good Foot, then The Bonfire, and then Hammys... a long night, a late night, and a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Kevin "KC" Heise said...

Sounds like a great trip buddy. Did you hit up the black velvet painting gallery in Portland?