09 June 2008

Day Nine: Redwoods, CA > Eugene, OR

Prarie Creek Redwoods State Park was spot on. We were able to get in a hike before the sunset on Revelation Trail and then hit the campsite. Our friend Neely came along with us from Arcata, so the bus was almost max capacity... and I was able to enjoy the sounds of the creek as I slept in my tent by the water. Luna cracks me up with her need to work her way all the way to the bottom of my mummy bag... it's tight quarters, but I don't mind sharing with her.

Today, we rolled north to Jedediah Smith... and spent the day hiking in the Redwoods. I can't begin to explain the beauty; I'll just say it was simply gorgeous... More photos available upon request, but for now, check out this elk we bumped into...

Highway 5 drive to Eugene in the evening hours... Late late night (early morning) hanging in SE Portland at Aalto in Nick's sister, Mandee's, hood. The weather is changing to cool and wet... but the greens get greener and we should have a couple days of sun before we skip town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Logan,
I just randomly typed in Paisley Blue into google search and this came up, this is pretty groovy. So you are in Cal and Ore right now? Cool, enjoy your trip.

Jendrick said...

I miss Luna! And I do feel that you should have more pictures posted...It's hard to understand the beauty when we can't see it. That photo is "spot on" though:P