09 June 2009

European Tour: Phase Three (Nuremberg > Munich)

Yesterday we spent the afternoon in Nuremberg. It was a beautiful day (nicest weather we've had yet) and we walked through the streets, art galleries, churches, and market. I dug it.

Then, on to Munich... we started with a late night/early morning with a visit to the Hofbrau Haus. Thus, I ended up sleeping through much of the bus tour of the city this morning. So, when we got out for lunch, Schmidty and I rented bikes and set off for our own survey of the city. I think it was much cooler than seeing a city by bus anyway. We went through the gardens, the university district, and out to the Olympic center (home of the 1972 Summer Olympics). I even talked Schmidty into skipping lunch for a swim in the Olympic pool. It was pretty damn cool doing flips off the olympic diving boards.

No comments: