13 June 2009

European Tour: Phase Six (Lucerne, SWITZERLAND)

Switzerland is an obvious paradise. We stayed right on Lake Lucerne in the valley of the Swiss Alps for two nights... sounds pretty far out, right? It was. I ran along the lake as far as I could and took this shot with my iPhone the second night just before sunset.

Switzerland is the most expensive place I have ever traveled, but it's worth it. I can only imagine how rad it must be to ride these mountains on a snowboard... someday, I'll know.

And, of course, we had to experience the fondue and the chocolate of Switzerland... not just because we're typical American tourists, but because I am addicted to cheese and dark chocolate. After lunch, I headed to the Luzern Museum of Art. They had an intriguing contemporary exhibits of Giacomo Santiago Rogado, David Shrigley, and most notably Hans Erni.

Here's Wes, our humble tour director, at the Lion Monument in Lucerne. The lion is a pretty spectacular sculpture, but it is Wes that makes this photo blog-worthy.

No comments: