15 December 2010

Munkácsy Christmas Concert.

So, somehow, word got out that I don't know how to say no... and before I knew it, I was convinced to join the Teacher Choir and perform at the Munkácsy Christmas Concert. As if I haven't been busy enough, I've been in choir rehearsals before and after school for the past couple weeks... working on my Hungarian and French!









The concert was Monday night in the school atrium. The student choir sounded incredible (and they even got to sing in English... lucky). Not us. Here is my phonetic charting for one of the Hungarian songs: Kicsi Gyermek... pretty entertaining for my Hungarian colleagues.

And, at the end of last week, Mikolas (Hungarian Santa Claus) came to the school, bringing treats for all of the teacher's children... kind of like Wheat Ridge's Trick-or-Treat Street. This is hilariously cute though... the kids have to sing Santa Claus a song in order to get a reward.

1 comment:

Al "The Nickname" Vigil said...

Hungarian Santa sounds like a real piece of work. Making kids sing for his personal amusement? And for what, a piece of candy? And it's not like he does anything about naughty children, oh no, the poor Krampus has to deal with them! All while he sits in his castle of ice, drinking out of a jewel-encrusted chalice!
Enough to make a man feel SICK.