02 July 2010

Day Twenty-Eight: Lincoln, NE > Denver, CO

Wow! Today's the day of grand return, the day that Krissie moves to Colourful Colorado, the day that I sleep in a real bed for the second time all month! As I come to the close of another wild adventure, I am thankful that I got to see so many of my favourite people and places, and that I lasted the test of driving while staying awake for (most of) the whole trip...

Once again, as I get back home, I realize that of all the cities I've traveled this summer, there are none I would enjoy more to live in than Denver, Colorado. Luna and I are both so glad to be home (it was hilarious watching her get so excited once we rolled into our hood) and to be able to enjoy a few weeks of Colorado summer now... And, we got back on just the right night... the first Friday of July... a night to celebrate the arts and the tremendous support they receive in Denver!






So, as I compile the stats from the trip, I realize why I may be feeling a little exhausted... Here are the raw totals:
  • 6,423 miles*
  • 2 countries
  • 18 states / provinces
  • 3 national parks
  • 3 MLB baseball stadiums
  • 3 art museums
  • 8 Phish shows
  • 2 family parties
  • 23 unique places to sleep
  • 98 prints sold
* - of the 6,423 miles driven, I drove 6,393 of them; Campanella drove 30 miles on the way to White Plains, NY so I could go in the back of the bus and make my pops a Father's Day card...

** - trip expenses (gas money, etc): not important; I'll deal with it later...

No comments: