31 May 2008

Heading West...

I hit the road tomorrow... I'm headed west with some vague plans and stops in mind, but leaving most of the details to the fate of adventure. I'm packing Vina (my 1990 VW Bus) with the essentials (mainly my co-pilot Luna, hiking boots, music, water, and food) and heading out. Sherrie will join me for the first leg and fly back from Seattle. My friend Nick will meet us in San Francisco for a chunk of the trip as well. I'm looking forward to meeting up with friends along the way... those I haven't seen in a while, and those I have yet to meet.

The first stop is Moab. From there, we'll hit what we can en route to Francisco. One goal I have is to catch three new ballparks on the trip (San Fran, Oakland, Seattle). I'm also amped to revisit Highway 1 and spend some time in the National Parks and forests of Northern Cali. Other ideas... Arcata, Eugene, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria, Canadian Rockies... we'll see...

I plan on doing a lot of hiking, observing, writing, and drawing. I also 'plan' to update this blog every week to provide a snapshot of where the adventure takes me... We'll see how that goes; stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Franky Go! Have fun on the road! Much Love to you, Beth

Kevin "KC" Heise said...

Nice way to spend the summer man